Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 Lennox Options, quotes..

Posted by fauguy (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 1:55

I had the first A/C estimate last week. It's for our townhouse (Ft Lauderdale) that is 1200 sq/ft. The first place only does Lennox and gave us these quotes.

Option 1: $3676
Outside Unit: 13ACX030 (15 SEER Effective)
Inside Unit: CBX27UH030 (2.5 TON)

Option 2: $3912
Outside Unit:14ACX030 (16 SEER Effective)
Inside Unit: CBX27UH036 (3 TON)

Option 3: $4028
Outside Unit: 14ACX030 (14.5 SEER Effective)
Inside Unit: CBX25UHV030 Variable Speed Motor (2.5 TON)

Out of them, Option 1 is the least amount.
Option 2 he said is the most energy efficient, since its 16 SEER.
But Option 3 has Variable Speed Motor for the inside unit.

Between them, not sure which is the best option. All of them use the Merit line for the outside unit, but #1 and #2 an Elite for the inside, but #3 uses the new variable speed, but it a Merit. I not sure if variable speed makes much of a difference.

Just need to go with the option that will be good quality and use less power. We currently have a 10 SEER 2.5 TON Rheem from 2000 that is killing us.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 Lennox Options, quotes..

Not a fan of Lennox and their low end Merit series AC condensers. I believe they are made South of the Border. Would at least move up to the Elite XC series model.

And since these are AC condensers, how do you heat townhouse, straight heat strip?

IMO

o
RE: 3 Lennox Options, quotes..

Since we are in South FL, we have never needed to turn on the heater that is built in to our current Rheem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here