Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nreeves_gw

Heating a Mudroom

nreeves
11 years ago

We have an existing breezeway/mudroom, it is 15'X8' and attaches the garage to the kitchen. It also has a backdoor to the yard. Both sides have 2 large windows that are directly across from one another. It is on a poured slab. It has insulated walls with drywall and wood paneling. It is ugly and we don't use it because it is unheated and we live in Michigan and it is freezing out there. The plan is to put in built in bench/open locker/hooks, tile the floor and really utilize this awesome space. Before we do anything we need to figure out how to heat this area. I have looked into some options and need some advice... in-floor heating, wall heaters, baseboard radiators, radiant panel's... my head is spinning! I need some opinions! Most likely we will have to do electric, I don't think it is realistic to do a hot water system, oil, propane etc. I don't think it is smart to run ductwork from our gas furnace. I need to know what is the most efficient way to keep this space comfortable (60 degrees maybe) all winter long. Any input would be appreciated!

Comments (6)