Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Add baseboards and add zone, need your review

Posted by james_007 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 2, 12 at 21:52

Our existing CI baseboard one zone water heating system is not enough now. Because we are starting finish the basement and planning to replace the family room�s electric heating with water heating. The boiler is 2yrs old Burnham alp105 gas boiler and supposes it is big enough for the coming new baseboards.

We are planning to do the following:

1. Split two bedrooms out from the existing zone, add the family room, which is using electric heating now, into the existing zone;
2. Add one zone for those two bedrooms and another downstairs bedroom;

By using Heatloss Explorer 2 software, I figured out the family room needs about 30ft Slant Fin 30 baseboard.
I have two diagrams to show you what we have now and what the new design is. Please review it and let me know if my plan is reasonable.

The link for my diagrams:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bostonjames1980/sets/72157629151169825/detail/

Here is a link that might be useful: diagrams

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here