Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement air cost?

Posted by Justn2899 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 20:11

I am looking for opinions on whether or not I'm getting a fair price on a replacement air conditioner. I live in North West Florida in a 2200sf single story home. I got a quote today on replacing both the air conditioner and air handler. I got prices on two different systems. First system is a Trane XB13 with a 4 ton 14 series air handler. Price installed, including adding two bedroom return transfers is $6200.
The other system is a Trane XB14 with a 4 ton 15 series for $9900. Not sure how much better the XB14 is but that is a pretty large price difference between the two. I went through Lowes hoping they would give me a fair price, but they sub'd it out to a local AC company. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement air cost?

Would need to see all model numbers.

And to be clear, these are HP systems?

Post back.

IMO

o

Tiger,
HP (Heat Pump?), is so then yes. The only model numbers I have are the ones I posted. The XB13 with a 14 series Hyperion XR air handler for $6600, or the XB14 with the 15 series Hyperion XR.
Thanks.

o

Sorry, can't give you informed opinion without mdl numbers of outside condenser and inside air handler.

What size strip heat? Will it be staged?

New thermostat?

Any air filter cabinet?

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here