Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
unusual filter size for Trane furnace, where do I find it?

Posted by katie1289 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 21, 07 at 19:05

Hope someone can help. We just had a Trane XV80 furnace installed and would like to use a good filter. However the measurement is not standard. It is 24x25x1. In our previous Trane furnace we used 3M Filtrete Ultra Allergen 1250. In a call to 3M today, they are not making custom filters any longer. Anybody have any ideas?? Right now we took a 24x24x1 filter and placed it in the filter holder and taped the extra opening with some tape but not sure if the blower will try to pull it off? may not be a good idea?
What do we do?
Thanks
Katie1289

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: unusual filter size for Trane furnace, where do I find it?

Please tell me the model number of the furnace. For example, TUD1A060A936. You may have to look for a label inside the furnace if you don't have documentation. Where is the filter placed?

o
RE: unusual filter size for Trane furnace, where do I find it?

katie

This filter size issue with Trane can be frustrating. However, there are companies that sell these odd sizes on the web. I am attaching the website of one of these filter companies. Hope this can help.

Good LucK.

Here is a link that might be useful: Filter Company

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here