Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help to choose the right proposal

Posted by BostonFrench (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 18:01

Hello,

I have to replace my 3 furnaces and my central chilling system (A/C). I met a lot of contractors where I live: Boston.

I have selected this proposal and I was wondering if you can give me some feedbacks.

Thanks,

• Two (2) TUH2B060A Trane XV95 variable speed 2 stage gas furnaces.
• Two (2) 4TXCC037BC3 Trane evaporator coils.
• Two (2) 4TTB4018E1, XB14 Trane R-410A split system cooling condensers with pads.
• One (1) TUH2B060A Trane XV95 variable speed 2 stage gas furnace.
• One (1) 4TTB4030E1, XB14 Trane R-410A split system cooling condenser with pad.
• Three (3) a/c line sets from coils to condensers complete with pipe, fittings and insulation.
• All necessary insulated duct work to be connected to existing ducts with certain retro fit and adding where needed to satisfy operation, reuse all existing registers and add where needed.
• Secondary drain pans, float switches, pvc pipe and fittings for all units to be piped to indirect waste line where necessary.
• PVC venting utilizing B vent penetration on roof for 2nd and 3rd floor units complete with pvc pipe, fittings and termination fittings.
• Reconnect existing gas line to new furnace complete with pipe, fittings and new gas shut offs.
• Reconnect existing wiring to new furnaces both line and low voltage, reconnect existing condenser line voltage to 1st floor condenser and add 2 new lines.
• Replace Air Bear air filters on all units. 2nd and 3rd floor units complete with disconnect switches and whips with service receptacle .
• Remove 3 new programmable thermostats.
• Remove and dispose of old equipment and all related trash.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help to choose the right proposal

Did this contractor who provided the estimate above perform a Manual J load calculation performed to determine equipment sizing and airflow requirements for your home?

The quote does appear well detailed and includes some good equipment.

This post was edited by ryanhughes on Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 7:43

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here