Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heat Pump Replacement

Posted by smitty123 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 17:48

I live in fl and need to replace my heat pump system.
Air handler is in the attic, if relevant.
I have quotes for a Trane, Goodman, Comfortmaker, and Carrier/Bryant so far.
The more quotes I get the more confusing it becomes. Never knew there were so many off kicks to brands.
Warranty is important, but so is the quality and longevity of materials especially in the attic. Many reviews vary greatly.
Any advice which brand is better?
What about Rheem?
Not looking forward to our long hot humid summer.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heat Pump Replacement

As the folks here will tell you, it's all in the install. Specifically, you first have a contractor assess your needs by asking you questions and performing a load calculation. That is imperative. If you find that asking for these simple things you get a bunch of blab and sales pitches, then move to other contractors/companies.

Do this for three of them and get three bids or proposals.

Next, based on those, see what the features are and pricing. Think about warranty and include the cost of a 10 year extended labor warranty.

Once you done that, consider the reputation of the company and people installing it.

Base your decision on those factors, rather than brand.

For me, in my area, it worked out to be....in order.....
1. Trane
2. Carrier

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here