Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stockman41

Does This Seem Like a Fair Quote for Lennox

Stockman41
12 years ago

Live in Florida in one story house of 2800SQ. ft.. Old builder installed Lenox with Seer of 12 which is fading fast.

Want to save on energy costs because of fast rising electric rates here in Northern Florida.

Quote is for 5 ton XP21 2-stage system. Also matching Variable speed Air Handler. All new copper line installed plus new drain line. A touchscreen Thermostat with humidity control.

A new larger concrete pad and they have to increase the return duct size to allow more return air flow.

I was always unhappy with my old air filter system. It used one of those 1" cheap filters that didn't trap much dirt.

Part of this quote is a Healthy Climate Filter which uses a 5" thick filter rated at MERV 16.

Total quote is $10,600. Since my original unit was put in by the builder I have no knowledge of what is an in-the-ballpark price. I see tons of ads for cheap systems for 3K for 2.5 ton units but an asterisk says lots of extras cost more money.

I was happy with my cheap builders Lenox which lasted 11 years without a problem so I guess I am partial to this brand, especially the top of the line model.

Comments (2)