www.recessedlightcover.com
Tenmat Ltd
Model number FF130E
outside height 9"
outsid length 16"
outside width 14 1/2"

recessed cover is compatible with all kinds of insulation
including sprayed foam, mineral wool, fiber glass and blown in cellulose
For applications in fire rated ceilings (1&2 hour)
ise tenmat FF109 covers.

check it out as an alternative to air tight baffle inserts
or ice chest installs from in attic.
note that the approx cost is equal to air tight baffle
inserts, AND you still have to cut to fit at hanger bars & wireing. Personally, I'd caulk them in place and at cuts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: countryboy & others ic recessed lights retrofit info

forgot to add..use cfl's after retrofitting.

o
RE: countryboy & others ic recessed lights retrofit info

Yes this is a very good option for people who have codes or don't want to just foam in cheap foam beer coolers. I have to say this is a much better option for insurance purposes. Either way CFL's are highly recommended.

Thank you Energy and I did bookmark it just in case. I hate going back searching for something I have already seen or found.

For ANYONE with recessed lights that are not sealed I highly recommend these units energy posted or even the air sealing recessed light trim kits are becoming more affordable and you do not have to get in your attic. The trim kits still need some sealing where the tabs for the original socket go and where they meet the sheetrock might need some attention but at least you stay out of the attic.

Either way will make a noticeable difference in dust and efficiency.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here