Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trane xr-16/tam7/visionpro iaq v.2 questions

Posted by JBRoberts38 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 13:45

Hi,
I am having to make some choices to tell the installer this week, and need some help.

1. I have lineset of 3/8-3/4, and understand that ideally it should be 3/8-5/8. New 5/8 line is $250 for 50' line about 17' lateral, 17" up. Efficiency? Lengevity?

2. Lineset used for R-22. What should I look for as best Purge for oil? I understand there is R-11; some use Nitro, some use CO2.

3. I understand that VIsionPro IAQ with 4 stages heat some way controls 2 stage compressor, 2 stages heat strips. Does it also control 2 stages of compressor during cooling? If it can, should I? I will have outdoor sensor, and can have separate humidistat (close on rise) or use the one on VisionPro IAQ.. Which will be most effective way for this system to be configured to remove humidity?

THANKS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trane xr-16/tam7/visionpro iaq v.2 questions

1. Determined by the manufacturer of the equipment. It's all in the manual.

2. Seems that should be up to the installer....if they are qualified.

Here ask this question to the installer: "Are you willing to absolutely guarantee there will be no issues and feel comfortable doing it that way?"

After all, the installer will be the person coming back if there are problems.

3. Call Honeywell and tell them your thinking about purchasing this unit and ask them......or your installer.

User manual: https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/69-0000s/69-1815EFS.pdf

Also see below for installation.

Refer to this similar question: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?1262861-Which-Hooneywell-Best-for-XR-16-TAM7-VisionPro-IAQ-or-Profile-IAQ

Here is a link that might be useful: Vision Pro iaq installation manual

This post was edited by audiomixer on Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 1:44

o

I could be wrong, but I don't see any harm having a line set which is the next size larger than the minimum. The manufacturer usually will specify the minimum diameter. The diameter needs to increase in size for long runs.

If the lineset is easy to replace, then I recommend to spend the money and replace it. This solves the problem on what is the proper method of cleaning. It also puts all the responsibility on the contractor in case there is a leak. The manufacturer will specify how the lineset should be cleaned if you do decide to keep it.

The Vision Pro thermostat can control a 2-stage AC condenser. If you live a area with high humidity then spending the extra money on a 2-stage condenser is worth it in my opinion. I would use the humidity control on the thermostat. It is probably more accurate than your current humidstat.

o

If you replace, save the old lineset, clean it up if needed, and take it to a scrap metal dealer for it's scrap copper value. Might give you a nice dinner for two.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here