Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kdenault_gw

Difficulty finding installer for Daikin ductless minisplit system

kdenault
10 years ago

I have a half installed mini split system and cannot find a contractor to complete the install. This is the story:
We purchased a DAIKIN-FTXN18KVJU-RXN18KEVJU mini split system for a new addition on our home through a refrigeration Hvac contractor. No monies have been exchanged and the units are still at the contractor's shop. The contractor installed the line set according to the specs. However, he is not able to finish the job due to his scheduling of other larger jobs. It has been over two months since this "install" was started. As no monies have been exchanged, I would like to purchase the indoor and outdoor units online and find an installer who can finish this job. The problem is we are having a hard time finding someone to do the install. The Hvac contractors we have spoken with says that the line set and the indoor evaporator need to be installed at the same time. They say that the existing line set needs to be taken out and a whole new line set installed. I have studied the installation manual and all seems to be fine with what has already been. This doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain this to me?
Kathleen

Comments (2)