Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window AC noise

Posted by Partsman41953 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 8:56

Hello,

I have a window ac that I am using until I get my central AC unit replaced. The unit is mounted in a window in my living room and when it rains it makes so much noise that it is deafening. We are thinking about putting gutters on the house but not sure it that will solve the problem or not. What would you suggest we do to try and eliminate the noise when it rains.

Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window AC noise

So, the rain water running off the roof is hitting the case? Gutter.

o

Put some packing foam a few inches thick on top of the case temporarily (the soft squishy kind).

o

brickeyee is giving you usable advice, to address the question you asked.
if you chose this option make sure that you remove the foam instead of letting it sit on
the housing for long periods. this eventually will cause
the hosing to rust.

installing gutters is a long term solution.
but in the dead of winter..maybe not doable just now.

central hvac is great, but not everyone has, needs
or wants it.

best of luck.

o

Hey don't play with this things, I would suggest you to call an expert for the same. Go for a technician nearby.

or you can check out

rileyheatandair.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Air conditioning repair washington, maryland

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here