Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
philip1965_gw

Lennox system replacement

philip1965
11 years ago

I have gotten a quote from FH FURR for a lennox heat pump 17 seer. New air handler and thermostat. Through Costco in northern va.
I saw a post in this forum from bashin in late 2011 for $5800 . that seemed like a really good deal.

they have given me a price of $8600 installed. For the same equipment he paid $5800.00

I currently have oil heat and have been told that a heat pump is the way to go. I was also told that a matching air handler is also very important.

They gave me an option of replacing the coil in my existing air handler but I was told that's not efficient.they gave me a 13 seer heat pump option for $4600 with keeping my existing air handler and replacing the coil. Any contractor suggestions, or price or technical would really be appreciated.

Comments (6)

• philip1965
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Please provide pricing for the following.
    Lennox signature series 17 seer
    Xp17 -048-230 ( 71 W10)

Lennox signature series variable speed R 410 air handler
    Model CBX 40 UHV 048-230 (34W81)

Lennox 15 kw electric heat package
    Model ECB 40-CBP ( 34w95)

Lenox I comfort touch screen thermostat

Please also make sure the proposal includes a staged heat strip. A 5kw and a 10 kw plus a correctly sized refrigerant lineset

I have a air filter cabinet but they had included that as well with filter.

This is what the other company had included and that's the only way for me to do a true cost comparison.

• tigerdunes
    11 years ago

Is this just a pricing question?

No rebate available?

I would hope dealer hes surveyed your ductwork system both supply and return, size, insulation qualities, leak test etc. Any hot/cold spots in your home should be pointed out for recommendations to improve.

IMO

• philip1965
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the follow up. This is with a $1000 rebate from costco.
    Is this a good system?
    Is this a reasoanble price for that level of system?
    No Survey was done by any of the 3 companies regarding the ductwork supply and return insulation qualities, leak test etc.
    Any contractor recomendations?
    Thanks again

• philip1965
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No dealer surveyed my ductwork or supply and return size. They did not do any of the the things you mentioned. Do you know a good company in the Northern VA MD DC metro area? I really need a good company as this is very expensive replacement. I have also been recommended York as a good brand is it?

• philip1965
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Waiting for some advice

• mike_home
    11 years ago

Have you looked on the Trane or American Standard web site for factory authorized dealers in your area? This would be a good place to start to find reputable contractors.

There is no advantage going through Costco to hire an HVAC contractor. I recommend you work directly with the contractor.

If you trying to get the best prices, then wait until spring when things begin to slow down. The major manufacturers usually offer rebates during the spring and fall seasons.