Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ronbow_gw

Pellet Stove + accessories

ronbow
9 years ago

We are looking into purchasing a pellet stove to heat our new home and I am trying to decide if it's worth the money/hassle to get the additional forced air ducting or water radiator options to dissipate the heat.

Our house is well insulated and relatively sealed. We have a large living, dining and kitchen area on the main floor, around 1,000 ft2. The bedrooms and bathrooms are also on the main floor, but the doors are usually closed so I am not including them in the calculations. We also have 800 ft2 of basement with a staircase connecting.

I have read that people place pellet heaters in the basement and are pleased that they heat the whole house. Is this a common experience? I am also looking at units such as the MCZ Musa 2.0 which can force air from one floor to the next. Or the MCZ DUO which can heat radiators strewn throughout the rooms. But I am not anxious in incur the cost of ducting and/or radiators if it's not necessary.

We live in Israel where it rarely goes below freezing, but it's cold enough to be uncomfortable for 3-4 months a year. Probably similar to Austin, TX. Is it worth is to invest in the ducting and/or radiators, or can we expect even convective heating from a single pellet heater in the basement?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years