Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oil furnace draft question??

Posted by rowdydog99 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 24, 08 at 14:37

I have a Tempstar NOMF105D12 furnace. The furnace is setup up to fire at the middle of the three firing rates. 74k output capacity. The flue draft spec in the manual is -0.06 to -0.025" wc. The overfire pressure draft is speced at +0.01 to 0.025" wc. This ranges my draft regulator damper door to be fully open to fully closed. Should I shoot for the middle of the road after doing an initial air shutter adjust.

Thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oil furnace draft question??

You have to have a draft meter to do this. Usually the draft over the fire, while firing, is negative .01 - .02 and the draft at the stack is neg. .02 - .04.

The draft damper is used to set the draft over the fire. It has to be done correctly.

o

I have a Draftrite gauge and have set the the draft to the following. The flue draft is -0.03" wc and the the overfire pressure draft is set to +0.01" wc. I'm assuming the positive pressure specified in the furnace manual is due to the design of the baffle in the output area of the heat exchanger. Is anyone familiar with setting this type of fire box design with a positive pressure. I have attached a link to the installation manual for this guy which shows the spec for the draft settings.
http://icpindexing.mqgroup.com/documents/086477/44501409403.pdf

Thanks for your reply!

o

I went to the site:
what are you putting in for the login?
-br

o

I have another way in. Try
http://www.tempstardlr.com/go/index
look up residential oil furnaces and you can find the manual
NOMF Multi Position Warm Air Oil Furnace French & English Installation and Operation Manual (6-20)

Thx,
Mike

o
I finally got there.

Rowdy-
I finally got there. I would agree after looking at the schematics.
They have introduced the baffle assembly and it will add pressure in the firebox. If you set for the max draft; you might longer between cleanouts but you'll send money up your chimney. Middle of the road will save some. Thanks for the links by the way - good info there.
-br

o

Thanks for the reply. I will try middle of the road and re-check at a the end of season. The net stack temp seems a little high at 490-500 F. Maybe this is all I can expect with this setup.

Rowd

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here