Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wifi thermostat wiring.

Posted by chrizzyandnicky (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 1:29

Hello Guys.

I am trying to wire a newer thermostat requiring a "C" wire. I am having some trouble since There is more wires on the furnace transformer then coming out of the wall to the thermostat. I am assuming these go to the air conditioner outside.

Explanation of the wiring in the picture:
On the Y terminal there is a white and yellow wire. On the C terminal there is a red wire. These are separate and go somewhere besides the thermostat in a separate wire altogether.

The yellow (Y), blue (G), white (W), R (orange) all go to the thermostat.

I added that brown wire which was a spare to the top of C and connected to the thermostat at C and the thermostat didnt turn on.

How do I wire this all up?

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wifi thermostat wiring.

pic

o
RE: Wifi thermostat wiring.

This really begs the question... did you call "1-800-421-1130" for help as shown in your photo? ;-)

This post was edited by saltidawg on Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 9:49

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here