Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inserting a picture into a website (with css?)

Posted by norman2012 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 16:53

Yesterday I googled how to insert a picture into a page and one of the results was this forum. Ive had an account here for a while and didnt realize there was a computer section

I am not sure my question is even CSS, so forgive me if it isnt. I am a wysiwyg DreamWeaver 8 user for the most part. If I need a search engine or something like that, I can figure out how to insert it in the code. What Ive done in the past is if I have a template and need to rearrange something I have problems with in design view, is I set view on split view (design and code) click on the problem in the design view, then I can usually figure out in the code section above how to alter what I need done.

But earlier this week I downloaded this template
http://freedreamweavertemplates.org/Preview/Fresh Scent/freshscent.html

from this page (its the first template listed)

http://freedreamweavertemplates.org/

I split the view into design and code as described above, clicked the picture, but could find nothing in the text that indicated (to me anyway) where the image came from or where it was inserted or anything. Or I would've just modified it to point to the image I wanted in there.

Can anyone help me with this? It may have been asked and answered here in a way that applies to my situation but I havent seen it.

Is CSS harder to use in WYSIWYG environments?
I havent upgraded from DW8 because I read that later versions arent as easy to use for wysiwyg authors. Is that true?

thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inserting a picture into a website (with css?)

I'm not a programmer, don't use CSS like I should, and run Linux so rarely use Dreamweaver but anyway...

It looks to me like the image is defined in the CSS style sheet. They seem to assign it an ID of "splash" in the style sheet, and then use it in a "DIV" in the html document.

That way you can use the banner in all your pages, and change them all by editing just one line in the style sheet.

I'm guessing though. :)

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 20:31

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here