Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody familiar with FormMail?

Posted by Audrey (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 10, 03 at 14:07

I'm the webmaster for a writers' conference web site. We have a brochure request form on the web site that has always worked fine in the past. But someone recently told me that they'd gotten an error message from it. After testing it myself, I got the same message--as follows: "There was an invalid recipient address specified in the data sent to FormMail. Please make sure you have filled in the recipient form field with an e-mail address that has been configured in either @recipient_addressess or else in @recipient_domains. More information on filling in recipient form fields and variables can be found in the README file."

The recipient e-mail address is my own, which hasn't changed in years, and which always worked fine in the past. So I don't understand why the program suddenly has a problem with it. I did try inserting my mother's e-mail address instead to see if that would help, but I got the same error message with it. Anybody have any idea what has gone wrong here? Thanks in advance for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody familiar with FormMail?

I just signed up with formmail this afternoon. They have a large FAQ section, you should be able to get the right coding for the script once you go through the moves.

T

o
RE: Anybody familiar with FormMail?

There is a change in the recepients setup on new versions that was required to address a security issue, we just had to do this for several of our client's sites as well as out own. Your web host probably upgraded to block the hole, and now you need to modify your config file to compensate. The asnwer is in the FAQ.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here