Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adobe form help

Posted by MaryAnnTX (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 01 at 10:41

I need to put a form on a webpage that can be filled in and e-mailed back to me. I have the complete Adobe program although I have never used it.
Can someone who has experience with this tell me if it's a complicated process or something that I can master during the holidays?? I want to put the mailto code in a submit button. Is this possible? Would appreciate any and all help!!! TIA
MaryAnn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adobe form help

There are thousand's of free scripts on the net which mail the content of a form to you. Just try a search.
I can also send you a small php-script wich does the trick.

Niels.

o

Niels, thanks for the response. Can you send me the php-script please?

o

(form method=post action='mail.php' name="form1")
Your name: (input type="text" name="Name")(br)
Your current emailaddress: (input type="text" name="Email")(br)
(input type="submit" value="Go!")
(/form)

Just a form above, can be anything you like. Just dont forget to give each field in the form a name and add a line to the mail.php with that name as follows:
Make a new file called 'mail.php' and place it in the same dir as the form.
(?php
$mail_to = "youremail@adress.here";
$mail_subject = "subject of the mail";
$mail_body = "You have got a new mail by form:\n\n";
if (isset($Name)==1) $mail_body .= "Name of user: $Name\n";
if (isset($Email)==1) $mail_body .= "Email of user: $Email\n";
mail($mail_to, $mail_subject, $mail_body);
?)

That is about it: you can place other html-tags in the mail.php saying "Thank you for your mail" or whatever.

Good luck, if you need any help post back or mail me.

Niels.

o

Thanks Neil! I can see that I will be doing quite a bit of studying on this! The form that I plan to use will be a job application form. So that someone can go to the website, fill out the application, hit submit, and it is e-mailed to me. Do you think using the php script is the best way for this use?

o

yup,.. php is the best (in my humbble opinion).

Niels.

It works quite easy:
each part of the form has a name wich contains a value ppl fill in. That same name is used in the php-script. So you add boxes to the from and add lines to the php-script as much as you need.

Niels.

P.S. If you send me a mail, i can do it for you if you think it will cost you too much time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here