Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help for enlarging web download images.

Posted by
siraj multani
(sirajl7@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Dec 24, 01 at 5:11

Hi every one ....i seriously need help from you all experts .
i have download some .jpg format images from the internet, but now i want to print this image in a large size, the original image size is 2"x2.5" but i want the copy of this image in 8"x12" can any one help me how to do this WITHOUT loosing the picture quality and without making the image blurr.........thanking u all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help for enlarging web download images.

I don't think it's going to work for you. Even the 2"x 2.5"
is probably at 72 DPI. And to get a good print you'll want at least 150 - 300 DPI. Enlarging it more than the size you have will only make it much worse. Can you contact the photographer to get a large print?

Greg

o
RE: Help for enlarging web download images.

a 8 x 10 print will be a picture about 1800 x 1500 pixels. Even if you reset the DPI to 1200 there is not enough information in the jpg to resize and not get a bad picture. You may be able to use a capture of the picture and set the DPI to 1200 or 2400 and see if it will come out OK. Doubtful but worth a try.

JamesS

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here