Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sound not working in website...

Posted by goddi (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 05 at 15:42

Sometime ago, I created a web site and put in an automatic sound for the page. It used to work OK. Now, it does not. It works in the web authoring software I use to create the page, but not when I go to it in Netscape. Here is the HTML code:

I seems to be correct but now the sound does not work. Is there anything else I should do. I am using Netscap 7.
Thanks... Gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sound not working in website...

I see that the HTML code came out exactly how it shows up on my web page in Netscape. Let me put some dots in front and maybe it will now show the actual code (and I put spaces after the < and before the > to hopefully make it display the code).:
...< embed src="indmain.wav" width="145" height="25" type="audio/midi" autostart="true" loop="true" >
I also notice that the sound plays just find with IE, but not Netscape 7. Is there any modifications of the code that will let it show and play correctly in Netscape???
Thanks... Gary

o

Gary, these are the codes I use.
For Netscape:
<EMBED SRC="song.mid" hidden=true autostart=true loop=true>
For IE:
<BGSOUND SRC="song.mid" loop=1>
Use them both if you want the sound file to play on either browser.

o

Hi MaryAnnTX... I changed my html to match what you suggested but, again, it works in IE but not in Netscape 7. If you have a monment, take a look at the source code in one of my web pages:
http://goddi.netfirms.com/vietnam/vietnam.html
I have tried everything but I just can't seem to get any sound to play in Netscape...
Thanks, Gary

o

It's working in Netscape 7 for me.

o

I have tried it again but the sounds on my website will NOT play on my PC or my wife's PC using Netscape (but it does play with IE). Can you explain why it would work on your PC and not on my PCs. This is driving me a bit crazy....
Thanks... Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here