Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about saving pages in Publisher

Posted by irislover7b (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 1, 06 at 13:12

I made a website with two pages in Publisher, got it uploaded (took me a long time to figure that out) and everything was fine. Then after a few months I decided to change some things and add a page, so it took me a little while to figure out again how to upload it properly. I finally got that right, but when I went to the Publisher file again to change some more things, I must not have saved it right, because only the first page is in the file. The website has three pages and it's working fine. I'm going to redo the two missing pages, but I want to be sure to save them, so do I click "save" or "save as" or what?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about saving pages in Publisher

This post has been up here for months and while I dont have or use publisher I will do my best to explain what's going on here. Those fancy web editors often save an entire site in a format that enables the user to edit what they see on the screen and end up with exactly that. So when you go to save a site in a program like publisher, you're more than likely saving the whole site as a single publisher file which is different from an .html file. There is also likely a choice for you to export your site, content, images and all the html pages and it should do so in a folder containing everything that you would simply upload to your site.

Now one common problem with this is if your links specify to look in a certain directory for another file, if you wind up changing the location of the files, the links will not work. To correct this, change the location that the links and images source to.

I k now it's been forever ad you probably figured this out by now but in case anyone else is wondering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here