Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Site is Up

Posted by Patsypie (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 3, 03 at 8:28

http://users4.ev1.net/~pastysharp/

Now I have a little start on my web page. I'm ready for help and advice.

I used Netscape 7.0 for it's skeleton, and now I want to add some links and "stuff." Could someone walk me (step by step) through the process of adding links.

Thanks

Patsy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Site is Up

Your website is looking good, Patsy!
What kind of links are you wanting to add?
You have done links to other webpages for Children, Siblings,Parents.

o

Thanks MaryAnn,

Want to learn to add links to email addy and links to other pages on the web. I think I have to do them by hand.

I try to follow the directions on Web Monkey, but the links never activate.

Patsy's Mailbox

And see, it turns blue here...wonder why it doesn't work on my page? Has to be something to do with the way I'm saving and opening the page.

o

Patsy, to make a link so others can send you an email:
Using Composer, add your text, such as Patsy's Mailbox , highlight it, click on links on the toolbar at the top of the page. In the box where you would normally put the web address for a website, type in mailto:youremailaddress@whatever.com Make sure there are no spaces. then click okay or apply. When you upload your page, the link will be live.
You have already added links to other pages. You have links to pages for Children, Siblings, Parents. Links to other website are done the same way you did these.

o

Well, it worked. Thanks MaryAnn!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here