Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Web Page

Posted by Mike_G_ (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 25, 05 at 23:58

I have very little experience writing web pages. I am retired and got into computers just a few years ago. Mostly self taught. I wrote the icon page a few years ago.

My page was done this spring. It is written in notepad. All graphics except one email gif (on icon page) are mine. I had a friend show me a few basic things and how to upload it.

If any one has time let me know how I did.

Mike G

Here is a link that might be useful: My Web Page

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Web Page

Hi from the other side of the pond

Just thought you would like to know that your web pages work OK on a Unix box as I have just had a look at them with a Netscape engined browser.

Keep up the good work

o

Congratulations Mike. I am impressed!

o

Very good. The main thing I would add is a META description since that text is displayed in some search engines, and will help them to classify you.

o

Richard not sure how and where to put that in.

Mike G

o

Mike, right mouse click on this forum page and view the source. Right at the top is an example. You already have some of the meta tags, this is just one more. <META NAME="description" CONTENT=" This forum is provided for the discussion of issues involved in creating Web pages using HTML. By the way, HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language, and not, Hope This Monster Loads!">

o

Thanks Richard I am in the process of some changes now. When I am done I will upload some meta names

Mike G

o

g'day mike,

pretty good hey, i started my own page around 7 years ago very basic simple beginning learnt much along the way, learnt HTML the hard way i reckon.

anyway just in case check the source of my page and see waht i have got in meta-titles and meta-names or other maybe some ideas there for you hey. with my sort of page the names i used i was suggested to sue to attract the search engines, and getting visitors to chat to is what it is all about hey?

your page loaded quick for me on 56k dial up in rural australia where the lines are congested and dial up is slow.

len

Here is a link that might be useful: lens garden page

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here