Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures Not Showing up on Page

Posted by Patsypie (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 10, 03 at 22:17

None of pics showed up after I uploaded my pages....the little icon is there with the red x. Should I delete it and reinsert the pictures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures Not Showing up on Page

No, I was wrong...not red x. This is what it says.
---------------------
HTTP Error 404

404 Not Found

The Web server cannot find the file or script you asked for. Please check the URL to ensure that the path is correct.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.
---------------------

I'm using Netscape. I opened new page and formated it like I wanted ...inserted pic in that page inside table. Whole thing was saved as html.

o

If you can give a link to the page with the problem, you might get some help.

o

Patsypie, did you use Netscape to publish your files to your website? You have to make sure the graphic files were uploaded also. You may have just uploaded the html file.

o

MaryAnn,

Thanks for your response. This is my first rodeo and getting my page uploaded is giving me a whipping.

Yes, I used your Netscape and find that it is very user friendly. But I used WS FTP to upload. I attempted to publish with Netscape, but nothing happened...machine just sat idle for 3 hours. Will try publishing with Netscape again if you think that will give me a better result.

Things look good after I edit my page in c://; but when I upload the page into http//, my changes are not taking effect. (And, to make sure all the pix were uploaded, I copied the folder to the upload folder.)

I would post a link, but the page is not nearly ready for the critics. It's just a little site with pictures of my family...just meant for keeping my family connected.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Patsy

o

Patsy, I compose my page with Netscape, but I upload with WS FTP. All I do is upload the html file and then each image file that I have put on it. If you would like to e-mail me I will be happy to help you all I can. Just click on "my page".

Also....after you edit your page are you saving it? Then upload using WS FTP. Sometimes you have to click on refresh in order for the newly edited page to show correctly.

o

"I would post a link, but the page is not nearly ready for the critics."

If you won't let me look at the problem there's no way I can help you. Forget I offered.

o

You really should post a url. These things are easy to spot and troubleshoot with a link.
This is a quick list though.
Case sensitivity... Abc.gif is not the same as ABC.GIF etc
so look at the code and the name of the file as well as the names of all folders.
Missing file...make sure you uploaded the file
Misplaced file...is the image file where your code says it is...an image in a subdirectory called images/ will not be found if the code points to a different place.

Good luck

Dorothy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here