Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Digital camera ??????

Posted by pinecone (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 11, 02 at 23:06

I would like to know what digital camera you use to send pictures back and forth via email with family and friends??? I would like to stay in the $200 range. I would like one that will take real close ups and far away.

Thanks for your input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Digital camera ??????

Well, I can tell you that I DON'T recommend Hewlett Packard. The flash on my PhotoSmart 210 quit working the same day the warranty expired, which was Christmas day. Once the warranty expires, their tech support by phone is $2.50 per minute, including wait time, and their free email support is a bad joke. Now it is one and a half years old, and has quit working. I wish I could suggest a good camera; I'm looking for one myself. If you get a good kind, though, you will greatly enjoy it. I had a blast with mine, up to the aforementioned point. Good luck! Le Jane

o

Pinecone, I have seen your post here for the past week but didn't respond because I don't know of any digital cameras in the $200 range that are any good. (there may be some, but I'm just not aware of them). I have a Sony Mavica FD7 that retailed for around $695, and I have enjoyed using it. It puts the pictures on a floppy disk which can then be viewed from any computer. You don't have to connect any cables, etc. It takes very good close up shots!

o

Pinecone,
Try this link. It might be helpful.
Le Jane

Here is a link that might be useful: digital camaras

o

I love my Olympus D-360L and it has been out long enough to be quite cheap. There are other cameras Olympus makes in that line that are inexpensive and quite good.

You can use any digital camera to send photos. You download the photos from your computer from the camera and use your email program to send them as attachments.

You can look through the garden section of my website to see how the camera does there are many pictures there. the pcitures on the website are small to keep download times down, the camera takes much larger pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: my website, garden section with pics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here