Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Front Page help PLEASE

Posted by mamiejammie (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 02 at 19:06

I am working on a web page using microsoft front page. If I can explain it good enough what I'm trying to do is put pictures of dolls I have made. I want to thumbnail them and have people to click on that and be able to view them. I tried but my pictures are too big to see without scrolling. How do I resize them?
Thanks, Reba

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Front Page help PLEASE

I have never used Front Page, but I would suggest resizing the photos using irfanview before uploading them to your website.

o
RE: Front Page help PLEASE

Reba make sure you are in edit mode.
get cursor where you want the graphic.
Insert - Picture - from file - find picture you want to use eg: doll.jpg
Once it's on the page click it once to select - at the bottom of screen you should see a row of icons ~ insert picture from file, text, auto thumbnail, position absolute etc.
Click auto thumbnail - 3rd from left. Your picture should now have shrunk. Move it or resize it as you want. Now when someone clicks on that thumbnail on your webpage it will open up your original image. Hope this helps. Sue :)

o
OOpppps

Sorry Reba I just realised I misunderstood the question - DOH! You want the clicked picture smaller?
OK here's directions to do it in Paintshop.
File - open - find file you want eg: doll.jpg
Image - resize - Pixel size(top box) Make your biggest measurement about 250 pixels. **Make sure the "maintain aspect ratio" is ticked (bottom of box)** Click OK
File - export - jpeg optimizer
You'll see two windows of your image one shows it uncompressed the 2nd shows the image compressed this is what you will be showing on the webpage.
Set compression value as high as possible without losing picture quality - try to stay under 25,000 bytes. Click OK
Save.
Now it should be a good size for people to view and will load quite fast and is ready to be put on your webpage and made into a thumbnail. Good Luck. Sue :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here