Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Code at bottom of html pages

Posted by Char_Michigan5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 30, 02 at 10:40

Can anybody tell me why this code appears at the bottom of my web pages when I upload them? I've never had this happen before and have uploaded them on other websites.

footer.txt:2 header_html.txt:3 header_html.txt:4 headers_2.txt:5

Also is there a way I get rid of it? Thanks I made them in frontpage express.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Code at bottom of html pages

It is hard to tell without the whole thing. But does that line appear in the on your web page when you look at it using frontpage? If so, just delete it, otherwise what program are you using to upload?

o

Try using a plain text program to look at your webpage before you upload it. Do not use word, but use one of the plain editing programs in the accessories part of the menu, I don't use Windows so I can't give you the name of it off the top of my head.

If that text is there, then Front page is adding it and you will have to wander through the preferences to see where and why it is doing so to fix it.

In the meantime you can use that editor to delete it.

o

Thanks. I already checked it in plain text and in my homesite webbuilder, but code wasn't there. And I don't have it on any other site I upload to. Strange.

o

Here's a problem I ran across when I was first doing websites.

You make a change to a page, upload it, open your browser and look at the page and it is not fixed.

A few rounds and you are ready to tear your hair out and wondering what ever possessed you to mess with this infernal project.

Often browsers keep copies of things in the cache and do not always re-load the new page. Or you are loading the page on your harddrive and thinking you are loading the website one, or visa-versa.

Try cleaning out your cache, or hitting 'shift' + reload. It may be you fixed the problem already but can't see it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here