Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Own blog site?

Posted by CrabbyPatty (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 05 at 22:32

How would I get one? Links/suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Own blog site?

You might try Google's Blogger, link below. It's free and easy for new bloggers.

A Google Search on "Blog host" will give you many hits.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Blogger

o

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH and megathanks in advance.

I need a free blog site to post details about DS's bar mitzvah.

Blogger doesn't recognize the URL it instructs me to use.

Yahoo makes invited guests register as users.

One travel site tells you it can do password protection, only to tell me after I complete all the login stuff that it'll cost $20.

Any other suggestions? I want a site that folks can get to with one or two clicks, password protected so our personal information isn't posted.

Spewey, are you OK in Tennessee with Katrina? Please post in at the CF.

o
RE: Own blog site? Never mind

A friend will put my info on his site. TIA - but if someone posts, I'll pass it on to my Party411 forum members.

o

http://www.blogger.com/

I never had to pay for it and setup was about 10 min. Perhaps not the simplest site on the planet but a little reading should get you up to speed.

If you want one with your own domain name yer gonna have to pay, but I find the godaddy hosting to be fast and it has a quickblog feature that is really easy to use.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.blogger.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here