Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I post a slideshow?

Posted by Momto4Kids (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 15, 05 at 13:09

I have a slideshow a friend put together and I want to post it. But I don't know how. I can't seem to get the slideshow to load on photobucket or Webshots, so I'm assuming those won't hold the format. What do I do?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I post a slideshow?

Where do you want to post? If on your website, just create the slideshow as an antimated GIF. Plenty of software available free to make those.

If you want to post a slideshow on the GardenWeb forums, please don't. Those users with dial-up have a hard enough time with single images, and a slideshow will bring their browsers to a crawl or crash them out of the site altogether.

The proper way would be to host the slideshow on your own site and offer a link to it, explaining what it was so users on dial-up can decide if they want to try to view it.

o
RE: How do I post a slideshow?

Thank you Spewey. I think I've done it correctly, but it doesn't seem to let anyone view it. I can view and I know of another person that could view it, but no one else. I uploaded it onto Streamload that has a link to the slideshow. Maybe Streamload was not the way to go. ???

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here