Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Centering a photo on a web-site

Posted by samtom (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 04 at 13:05

I've placed a photo on my web-site (see below link) that I want to be inside the border with a slight white margin around the photo,
centered on the page. I can readily adjust the photo size.

In IE6 it looks reasonably, however in Mozilla Firefox it is all the way to the right and in AOL, it's somewhat to the right.

Can some one help straighten this out?

Many thanks,

Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: Healthy Life For You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Centering a photo on a web-site

I just found this thread from the Graphics forum. Looks like you did it! Am I right? Nice job. :o)

o
RE: Centering a photo on a web-site

Amy,

I gather it depends on what resolution you're using. I use 1024 x 768. It's slightly to the right of center with IE6.
With Mozilla's Firefox it is all the way to the right. Perhaps, I'm too picky, but want it to look right.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Best Wishes,

Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: A Healthy Life For You

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here