Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
web page

Posted by tamarack (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 03 at 21:25

I created a web page last week - gasp... so that I could upload and then post my stuff on the Graphics and Scanning Forum.
I am totally new to this. I wanted to change things that didn't upload properly but I have now doubles of jpgs. How do I edit my page??? Remove pics from that page?? I used Netscape Composer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sabine's Homepage

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: web page

To remove picture:
Open the page in Composer.
Click on the picture.
Click Edit.
Select Delete.

Make sure you send the new info to your website.

o

Thanks John, I did that. But when I look at the index, there is still every deleted image listed, and it comes up when I click on it. How do I really delete things there?

o

Are you using WS-FTP to upload your pictures to your web site?

o

I used Netscape Composer for uploading. Sorry it took so long, I was gone for a few days.

o

OK, you gave me the proper clue, thank you! I found out how to use WS-FTP to remove files from my web host.

o

Glad to see you got it. When I'm using the free web space, just to store pictures for posting, I just save them to WS-FTP, instead of My Pictures, then open WS-FTP, and transfer them from the left side to the right side, and they're on my web space, in just two easy steps. To remove them from the web space, just delete from the right side of WS-FTP. They'll still be on the local computer, if I want to use them again later. If I want to get rid of them completely, I delete from the left side also.

o

that's interesting, I'll try that. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here