Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Step by Step

Posted by RitaMS (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 01 at 18:19

Where will I find step by step instructions for creating a web page. Need very simple to follow instructions. Any help? PLEASE.
Thanks
Rita

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Step by Step

Rita,

The htmlgoodies website contains a lot of information
to help you understand the basic principles in making a web page.
Allan

Here is a link that might be useful: html goodies

o

heres a few more websites on making webpages.

http://spider-food.net/

http://www.beginners101.com/Contents.html

http://www.guide2web.com/links/tutorials/dhtml.html

JamesS

o

Thank you both this is very helpful.
Rita

o

I used this one, it was great. I printed it out ( like they reccomended) then worked on it a step at a time

Here is a link that might be useful: step by step, how to make a webpage

o

follow this page and look at tutorials link on the home pg

Here is a link that might be useful: Boogie Jack's

o

A few months ago, I began with the HTML Primers at HTML Goodies (mentioned above) and then learned from lots of other places. I just now checked out the link that debincal included above with the step-by-step instructions and I have to say that's the best, simplest, talk-you-through-it step-by-step I've seen yet for the beginner. Though geared for AOL users (tells you how to upload your pages to AOL), the steps before that to get your page started are the best.

I also like Boogie Jack's as mentioned by Dave.

Once you learn the basics, be sure to check out the excellent help at the W3C and also Web Design Group. They've helped me clean up my code quite a bit so that most (if not all) browsers can render my pages as expected.

Good luck, and have fun! I was very intimidated at first but stuck with it and I've learned a lot in just a few months.

Jen

o

All these links are great. As Boogie Jack said : I'm all goo goo eyed and ready to go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here