SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedwoman

Can you generate a list of links on a page?

weedwoman
18 years ago

I am maintaining the website of a non-profit. I didn't create the original site, but I'm keeping the calendar up to date, putting in notices for special events, and general housekeeping stuff. I've just been using Notepad and the editor on the hosting site.

It would be really helpful to have a list of links on each page - is there a program out there that will look at a page (or a website) and make a list of all the links to other pages, images, mailto, nextpage, etc.? Do programs like Frontpage and Dreamweaver do this? Or are there shareware or inexpensive utilities you can download? Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to make up a program to generate a little database, and it would sure make it easier to keep track of things. (Like the 18 places scattered around the website where it says 'contact Mimi for more information', and Mimi quit 6 months ago and two other people have had that job since then...) I'm really not in the mood to sit down and slog though the whole site doing it by hand, but I think I'm going to have to.

Thanks

WW

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022