Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small Business--Needs a Website

Posted by love2weed (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 20, 05 at 19:31

We own a small business and a couple of years ago I attempted a website with a host company (Homestead). I really never was satisfied, but at the time it walked me through. That was a few years ago and I would really like to have a bells and whistles website. We are paying about 20 bucks a month for this host. We really don't mind paying the fee. But I was wondering if there are any other companies that offer similar services. I need something easy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small Business--Needs a Website

What does the website have to do for you?
Do you need to be able to accept credit cards and complete transactions?
Or do you want it to be an on-line showcase?
What kind of "small business" are you running?

Can you define "bells and whistles"? Remember that the objective of the website is NOT to show off web tricks, it is to sell product.

o

Ok, cut and paste this to your browsers' address window and go here.....

cf26.clusty.com/search?v%3afile=viv_169%4026%3aT7wO26&v%3aframe=list&v%3astate=root%7cN894&

hope it's what you're looking for

o

I am making my own site, its taking me forever! I wish I started with os commerce but I hated their style. You can look at my site, but BEWARE its not done.

www.dahanbridal.com.
I wish I could make a database for it, it would be easier, every item has its own page, its taking me forever! anyone know of a better way? I have about 900 products to list.

Melissa

Here is a link that might be useful: my site

o

Very nice look about it. Since you are using Apache you probably can have a MySql database available as well. That can be the basis of generating pages. Does your hosting service charge more for that? Are you coding the php yourself?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here