Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fun Background gifs and jpgs

Posted by uroboros5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 19, 06 at 0:00

I made them all myself and posted them on the web for anyone to use.

I hope you like them!

Way Cool Background Gifs

Let me know what you think!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fun Background gifs and jpgs

I have a question about "tables". The more rows, the further down in the post it displays. Know how to get rid of that?

train
A B C D E
F G H I J

o
more

with one row less:

A B C D E
F G H I J

o
1 row

and this:

F G H I J

o

maybe take out the spaces and make it one contigious string because if you use line breakes or carriage returns here when gardenweb server parses the form data it adds in breaks and suddenly you have added breaks ontop of carriage returns and anyhow view source here and maybe you will see your errors... I changed cf/lf to wrap and removed extra blank spaces =

FGHIJ

the background graphics certaily wont work when you link them directly off of someones online site that doesnt allow direct linking.

o

thanks Mikie
well, the pics did show in preview and for a while in the final post. Anyway, i suppose using win notepad is the issue. maybe NOBR will help.
I am still not sure how the lf /cr's got inserted before the table; not to mention why the increase of number of rows increased the lf & cr's.
OK, i see, by using a cr after a TD line or TR, these get inserted before the table! just weird, thats all.

o

word wrap in notepad was on...

o

No, i think the question was about why does it show a long space before the actual table and the reason, I think, is because of the way this forum works, it's counting the tag as a line in an attempt to make ordinary text posts here more WYSIWYG. You might try to put your table , row and cell tags all on one line and see if that makes a difference.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here