Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how do I add an mp3 to a forum post??

Posted by Sneekersmom (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 02 at 22:38

I need to know (for a diffrent forum) how to add a mp3 to my post. I would rather if it was not a clickable player, but one that plays automaticly.

I have found codes for midi's but what want to play is a mp3.

is this possible??

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how do I add an mp3 to a forum post??

I don't know of any forum that would let you put an mp3 on a post because of the size. Most of our mp3's are anywhere from 3 to 5 mb.

o

I agree with Mary Ann , Mps are huge files, but a midi is a small file could you use that? It at least would put the music for it.

o

Why would you not want the user to have controls available?

I personally can't stand being forced to listen to music I don't want to hear and usually just close the site and go elsewhere.

Just a thought...

MC

o

Sorry, I had this posted in two places!
and forgot to check back here! OOPS!

I hadn't thought about the size of the file!!
And I know all about the size limits, due to the sigs that we post on this particular forum!!
Just didn't put two and two together on that one!!
Now I feel stupid!! DUHHH!!!

MC: I do agree with you about having to listen to music that I don't like on sites and forums.I tend to not go back either.

But this particular forum/BB is a private one for a few of us that play the same online game.
In THIS case it would not have been inappropriate.
And I would have had it on it's own thread, not on the actual forum page.

Thank you all for your input.....
I ended up just posting a link to a Commercial site that had the song there.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here