Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help creating a photo calendar in front page

Posted by Casey_Nfld (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 03 at 16:07

OK, I'll try to make this as quickly as possible. I want a calendar on my webpage where I can insert a picture in several blocks.....see what I have done so far:

My calendar

I want the numbers at the top, the photo in the center and the text at the bottom of each daily block. As it is now, it doesn't work. I tried putting a table inside each cell and making the edges invisible, but for some reason not every cell would accept this new table.

Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a downloadable calendar template I can use so I don't have to make a new one for every month or even go through the hassle of trying to add a table inside every daily block?

Thanks for any help!! This is frustrating.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help creating a photo calendar in front page

http://www.ftls.org/en/examples/cgi/

has a simple calendar script.

o

Thanks, but I wanted a calendar that I could put pictures into, like my example.

o

Casey -
You can modify the script to put other stuff in the cells.

However, as yours seems to be a photo-journal as much as a calendar, daily tweaking and republishing is probably the only way to make it happen.

o

Casey, I have a calendar that I have used on 2 of my webpages and you can insert pictures in it without making a table inside the cell. Put your curser under the date in the cell and then insert as you normally would. That way the date will stay in the top corner. Then type your text under the graphic. The cells expand to the size you need, while the cells that have no information other than the date will stay small. The calendar also has an html code so that the current month will be on the screen when opened. If you only want one month per page you can delete the other rows.

You may save the calendar off my webpage if you want, or I can send you a clean template when I get home from work this afternoon.

Play around with it and see what you think. My event calendar

o
picture of calendar

I took a screen shot of May using your images and text in my calendar. I like the way it turned out. I will send you the html file for the May one that I did if you want it.
picture of calendar
I added a black border to several of the images and couldn't decide if I liked it better with or without the border.

o

Well, I found a small program (HTML Calendar Maker Pro) to help me do what I wanted. I can even import my web page's colours to make it fit into my scheme. Here is the result:

Here is a link that might be useful: Calendar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here