Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you put buttons on a web page?

Posted by pinecone (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 7, 05 at 23:34

I once had a site marked that gave the html for buttons on a web page. I need 4 buttons on my bidville page. They need to be small. And have a brown color 996633.
Thanks for your help.
pinecone

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you put buttons on a web page?

You can make anything into a "button", meaning something you click on to get to another page. You just need to know the full URL for what you want it to be linked to, and the full URL of the image that will be clicked on.

Then you type the following code, replacing [ and ] with < and > :

[a href="URL of destination page here"][img src="URL of button image here" border=0][/a]

The border=0 is nice because it gets rid of the blue line that normally goes around any linked image.

o
RE: font

p.s. you mentioned a font color. If you want to just make TEXT clickable, and with a unique color, then do this:

[a href="URL of destination page here"][font color=#996633]text you want to be clickable here[/font][/a]

replace [ and ] with < and >

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here