Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Setting up a forum

Posted by MaryAnnTX (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 3, 03 at 22:39

I design and maintain my motorcycle club's website and we would like to have a forum there just for club members to use. I really like the format of THS forums. Can someone direct me to a site that would help me learn to design such a forum?
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Setting up a forum

I did some research and set up a forum through Bravenet. We'll see how good it is.
Thanks!

o

MaryAnn, we used to have a Bravenet forum on our webpage. It worked really well. Bravenet was very reliable. We don't have it there any more because it wasn't being used, but it did work nicely.

o

I've been using the forum at Bravenet for 1 months now and it works great! I also use their counters and love all the information received. I plan to try out the polls soon. My only complaint is all the pop-up ads. But I'm getting alot for free, so the pop-ups are just part of the deal. I could avoid them by paying, which I might do in the future.

o

Snitz forums are free and work great, too. I use them on one of my sites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here