Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
image on web page

Posted by JudyS_Ont (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 8, 02 at 18:58

I am just starting to learn web pages. I tried to build a page using my allotted free space provided by my DSL provider.
It said you could build a page in just minutes using their 'QuickStart'and 'Quicktools'. (ha,ha)
All I did was upload a picture (37kb) from my hard drive but it comes up a red x in a box. I've seen in other forums what causes this but I didn't take note.
Can you help?
Judy

Here is a link that might be useful: my page(?)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: image on web page

I think the problem you have is that you don't have .jpg (or other image extention) at end of your picture. If you right click on the red x box and select properties (IE) then you will see that it does not have the extention. Usually when you get that box instead of the picture, it's either picture is not where it is suppose to be or the link to the picture is not correct.

Dan

o

thanks Dan,
I am at work now. I will check it out when I get home.
Judy

o

hmmm....
The file on my hard drive has jpeg as an extention and that is where I uploaded it from. Did I forget to do something else?
Judy

o

Judy,

Try to change your image so that it has .jpg as the extention instead of .jpeg

DoubleM

o

DoubleM,

thanks, I will try that when I get home.

One thing I should have mentioned before-I uploaded the same image once before and it also had an x at first. When I went back there about 3 weeks later it was the image I had uploaded. It was way too big so I deleted it and replaced it with a smaller version. That is when I had the dreaded 'red x in a box' back again.

Don't know if this makes sense.

Judy

o

I tried renaming to jpg and it still didn't work. :-(
Judy

o

Started over. Not sure what happened to my original page, but I'm learning.
Check it out.
Judy

Here is a link that might be useful: my new page

o

Looks good Judy.

The other Judy!

o

thanks,
or Judy 1 and Judy 2.
My full name is Judith Ann. As a child I called myself 'dudadan' until I could properly pronounce my name. Hence, my e-mail address is always 'dudadan@____.
Judy :-)

o

Thats better than me. My real name is Alice Ann. No Judy at all. It's a long story. Always been called Judy,hate Alice!!!! In school someone gave me the nickname of Cuder(don't remember why), tried using that as my screen name but it was already taken so I did it backwards, reduc500!!! And I'm not even a redneck!!!

o

Interesting-my mom's name was Alice.
Pleased to meet you Alice/Cuder/Judy/reduc500.
Judy/dudadan

o

Have you ever heard of any Gayfords from up your way? I think there are some who do the equestrian thing. Guess they are related but distantly.

o

I've heard the name. I was really into Equestrian a few years back. My friend probably knows of them. She has a 'hunter' jumper horse and follows the sport.
I am just west of Toronto, but not too far from the area where a lot of riders have stables.
J

o

I think the Gayfords that I am talking about were from Toronto. I think the first name was Thomas.

o

Yea, rings a bell. I'll ask my friend Mon. if she heard of them.
Seeing as they are distant relatives, I guess you've never been to beautiful Southern Ontario and Toronto. Right now it is 15 deg. Celsuis. (not sure what that is in normal deg.--around 60 Fahr. I think)
J

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here