Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Submit express

Posted by haydukeii (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 07 at 15:29

Has anyone ever used Submit Express to submit their website to search engines?
It says it's free but I'm a bit leary about using it because I'm afraid I'll get spammed or pop uped to death. I don't want to pollute my site with spam...

Thanks

hayduke

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Submit express

Well hayduke, the most important lesson that I learned in school was that there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. (t.a.n.s.t.a.a.f.l.) It could just be they're trying to promote their paid services they offer but for some reason I highly doubt it. I believe there's only one or two search engines you need be concerned about, yahoo and google and if it still works the same way, you submit your site to yahoo and about 6-8 months later google finds it. In the time I spent writing this, you could have manually submit your site to all those no-name search engines on your own.

o

Get yourself listed on yahoo, and dmoz.org. dmoz.org is actually a directory (not a search engine), that is used as the basis for a lot of search engines, so if you get listed there, you'll get picked up by about 50 smaller search engines. Then once you get picked up by google (which often does take several months, and there is no way to force it, despite what the free sites say), you'll be set.

o

I've used submit express and I don't get spammed by them. I also use pay services for submission and I also don't get spam from them. Paid submission gets your info submitted a lot faster (hours or days instead of months).

o

I have used submit express and it works.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here