Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MaryAnnTx help me with a matter please

Posted by connie_tx (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 16, 04 at 12:02

I read where you told dcrowex how to get her images to show up. I am having some sort of problem also, although mine does follow thru with images in the address. I have about had it with getting this thing going. My photos are fuzzy and this time when I was changing some of them it all looked good and I waited almost 45 minutes to publish again and then this morning it was missing many of my new photos that I had just added. How can I improve this site?????? I am one of a very few who do this kind of work personally and not ordered overseas. Any critisisam would be great. And also a couple of months back you told me I could ad my site to the search engines myself and you would tell me. I really would like that info as well. I may just get it out there anyway with fuzzy photos and all. I also want to ad Pay Pal to the site for checkout. Will this require me to know code?? If so I am doomed there as well as I used yahoo site builder and it does it for you.. Thanks for any help.......

http://www.spoiltrottn.com

Thanks, Connie_tx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MaryAnnTx help me with a matter please

Connie, I just checked your website and all the pictures are there except one for Wall Decor. I can't really tell about the quality of the photos because I'm using my work computer and pictures never show up real clear on it. I will check tonight from home where I have a great monitor.

Check out this webpage at PayPal, PayPal on your website. It explains about putting the PayPal buttons on your site. You will probably have to put an HTML code in your page, but it shouldn't be too hard. I'm not familiar with yahoo site builder, but they probably have an option to insert HTML. In that case you would copy the HTML from PayPal and then insert it at Yahoo.

Click here to Submit your website to Google. Then go to the home page of other search engines and they should have a link to where you can submit your site.

If I can help some more just let me know.
MaryAnn

o
more

I can see 6 pictures on your main page. I was just thinking that maybe you added more without the name tag. I could only see one name tag without a picture.

o

On the main page the bottom left side picture is missing.It was there prior to redoing it so don't have a clue to where it went... Yes thats the ones missing on the room accessories page. Also one of the beds on the right didn't even bother to reappear,, ha ha then on the table and chair sets the top pictures are missing as well. I will redo it tonight and see but do let me know if they are any better at home. Also do you think it is too plain of a background? I do but from everything I read it says to go plain but on childrens things I think it should be fun. I had it that way real cute the first upload and then the second took it off. I read on the Truely Texas design site that it should be plain but how would they know right???? Thanks and I will wait to hear back from you

Connie

o

MaryAnne TX
I saw where you helped someone with submitting URL to Google. Have you suggestions on how to submit to other search engines or where to find a list of search engines to submit to? Do some charge for doing this? Thanks MaryAnne

o

Ivamae,

I too am in need of that info. I went to yahoo to submit and there isnt anywhere where you do it yourself or its just so hidden.. Google is the only one that I have and have not done that yet. I redid some of my stuff like changed the background color and some pictures. My biggest problem is that when you double click on some of my items to enlarge then, which by the way I didn't do that in the begining, the click thing so haven't a clue how to fix that. They are HUGEEEEE I can find no where to resize them in my tool bar or by right clicking and going to properties. This is a tuff thing when you are trying to do it yourself. I hosted with Yahoo and then they make you pay to submit. I don't get it. I am already paying them for the domain, the site, which I have been paying for, for months and not even had a site to view. Till now. Any help from anyone would help us both and Thanks to MaryAnn for your info.

Connie

o

Hi Connie TX
I have posted another heading " Need help and advice" Maybe we'll get some replies under that which may help us. I am completely new at this too.
I have problems also when I try to log into this site and then can't find a posting that was here before. It doesn't always come up showing the same postings. I don't know what I am doing wrong there iether.

o

Ivamae,

I know that it is not the right forum on the computer help, but I think we might get noticed on it better. This web authoring site seems to be real slow and we need help some where soon...ha ha. What do you think?

o

I think most search engines give you an option to submit your site to them. If you go to Yahoo.com, at the bottom of the page is a link that says How to Suggest a Site. Click on it and then click on Submit Your Site for Free. I think it says you have to register, but it's free. At altavista.com, click on Directory, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Submit a site and there are instructions there.

The search engines will eventually pick up your site if you have used meta tags, etc. in your html.

o

MaryAnn,

What are Meta tags? Since I used a site builder that does it for you, or converts it for you do you think they did it, how can I check for that. By the way thanks a ton for all the info. Since I talked to you last I have changed backgrounds and found a way to change the size of the pictures although some seem to change back. Just really wanted a cute background but do not know how to put that in and Yahoo doesnt offer things cute for kids things.

Thanks again
Connie

o

Glad to see all the replies here and also on the posting you made on the Computer help site. There appears to be a lot of help out there and I think we surely can use it all!!! Thanks everyone
ivamae

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here