Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pagemill 3.0 & upload to server errors..huh?

Posted by Joanne_57 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 02 at 22:31

Ok I now have installed adobe pagemill 3.0 to create my web site,(on windows98 & microsoft internet)
I only have a index.html page done just to test, but at
File>Upload>page (in pagemill)
it gives me grief. "the server name could not be resolved"?
& more errors at every try to rectify.
IPS gave me my 10mg web-space, attaching it to my Joanne_57 identity,which I created, a-ok. I know my password-confirmed it many times with ISP.
Does the site name need setting up at ISP level?
Anyone else deal with aztec-net.com? (Ontario Canada) ?
It's hard to get a 'teckie' on a phone line to touble-shoot, of course they have all gone home for the night/weekend & Saturday will bring the "I can take a message" ones.
I'm lost-in-space(call me billy mummy). Any help at all will be read & tried.
Thanks to you all!
Joanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pagemill 3.0 & upload to server errors..huh?

Some ISPs do require you to 'sign up' before you can FTP. I don't usually FTP directly from any program so I can't help you there. But the first time is the hardest, after you have everything set up right it should go easier.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here