Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
text but no pictures show on the web site

Posted by dcrowex (dcrowex@aol.com) on
Fri, Mar 26, 04 at 22:26

You all have been so kind to help me in the past few weeks. i have uploaded some very premilinary info and am trying to get some pictures but all I have are the boxes with the "x" in the corner.I have made sure the images are copied in the file, but they are still not showing up. Here is the start of the web site - text but no pics. Can you tell what I am doing wrong? Thanks so much for any help.
deb

http://home.cinci.rr.com/jamielee/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: text but no pictures show on the web site

deb, your pictures are online but you didnh't put the file name in the photo address. If you will right click on where a photo should be and then click on properties, you will see that it gives the address for the page, not the graphic. The address should be the address that's there with the image file after the last / .

o
RE: text but no pictures show on the web site

Yes deb, you just need to add the name of the image on the end of your address.

http://home.cinci.rr.com/jamielee/image001.gif

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here