Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about Publisher & how to make site show in search engine

Posted by irislover7b (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 31, 06 at 21:22

I finally managed to get my simple webpage uploaded properly. I used godaddy.com for hosting. I used Publisher Deluxe to make the page. But the graphics just show up as a box with an "x". Both are jpegs. I can't figure out what to do to fix it. I also would like to know how to make the site show up in search engines. I noticed that the websites I've seen have the name in the blue strip at the top of the page, but mine doesn't. How do I do that? Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about Publisher & how to make site show in search en

The name at the top comes from the TITLE value. I don't use publisher so can't help further, but look in the help for how to set the title.

As for search engines, that takes time. None of them will find you right away. Google takes several months. They all look at the text in your site. Description and title are also considered and that is what is shown on the listing for some of them. Key words have been so badly abused that they are largely ignored.

The "x" means that either the pictures didn't upload or they are in a different directory than you expect them to be.

o
RE: question about Publisher & how to make site show in search en

Thanks. I finally got the image problem figured out. And I figured out the title bar or whatever it's called. I've notifed other sites that have a link to our old site, to update the link, but I still haven't seen the new one when I google. I thought maybe there was something I was missing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here