Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1st Page 2000, instead of Pagemill 3.0.1

Posted by Joanne_57 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 02 at 21:04

Just downloaded 1st Page 2000, thought I would try it instead of Pagemill, as I was having uploading problems, maybe at my servers end or at my end, not sure, and not able to resolve it at this time.My ISP will not be very helpful, as they only want my $200.00 Cdn/year for unlimited, dial-up access, anything beyond that, they really don't care about, only if they could charge me more for PC classes. I am a bit impatient ,Sooooo, does anyone use 1st page as their HTML editor/program? I can see that I'm gonna need alot of help, as I must be "The Most Impatient HTML/FTP Idiot" and I can't find a book for that type dunce. Although, I do understand HTML, to a minimal degree, I don't seem to understand 'how to get it UP on the web' to my allocated web space/site.
DUH!!!
Please help me if you have the patience for me. Thank you,
Joanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1st Page 2000, instead of Pagemill 3.0.1

Now, I can't seem to download "1st Transfer" from
www.evrsoft.com/1stpage/modules
whats up with this, anyone know??
maybe I should un-install both of these programs & pay for a REAL one. Any advise?,
again..., Billy Mummy:-lost-in-space.(warning-warning,Joanne, you are being too cheap!)
Joanne

o

You might look here for FTP instructions.

FTP Instructions

or here

Jaybird's Place

And heres Front Page Express if you are looking for a free editor.

Cheres Place

And you might look at this website for downloads and interesting information.

Tech Soup

JamesS

o

JamesS, thats 4 good links you've provided me with, I thank you kindly!!
Joanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here