Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free web space on aol

Posted by irislover7b (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 28, 06 at 20:14

I'm totally clueless about publishing a web page. I have Printmaster and did a simple one, just one page. I also have a domain name registered. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get it on the internet. I thought I'd try the free space on AOL, but I can't figure out how to do it. I'd like to use the domain name, not the aol.members.whatever kind of name. I was about to try the economy hosting at godaddy.com, with just a small amount of space, but thought I'd give the AOL a try first, if I can use the domain name.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free web space on aol

You might ask over at this computer board on AOL and if they can't help ask them to suggest a site .
sorry but they won't let me ref an aol board. But go to Keyword and look under the C's for computers

o
RE: free web space on aol

Log in at GoDaddy.com (if that is where you registered your domain name) and there is an area with your domain name that you can put in the actual address of your website, (www.aol/yoursite.com or whatever it is). It takes around 12-24 hours and your domain name will work. It basically acts as a forwarding address. Type in your domain name and it will bring up your actual addrress at AOL. If you choose to use masking at godaddy.com then your actual address will not show, only your domain name will show in the address bar. I hope this makes sense.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here