Return to the Web Authoring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
printing the coupon

Posted by barbcoleus (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 07 at 18:56

Hello,
I usually hang out on the garden side but I've been helping a friend by building a website for a cat show. She wanted a coupon on the home page. When I print the coupon, the home page comes out really really small. This is one of the free sites so there's no help available at least for this situation.
Thanks for your help

Here is a link that might be useful: cat show coupon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: printing the coupon

It looks like you fixed the problem by now by going with a text based coupon.
In the future if you want to use an image as a coupon, the coupon has to be sized to print out at whatever size you want. In your HTML tags, you would specify height and width in pixels. You will also need to resample the coupon so that it is 72dpi @ whatever size in pixels you want it to be so it is not poor quality.

o
RE: printing the coupon

One thing I do for various diagrams and documents, that's an easy option for a web page, is to load a word .doc or .pdf file on the website, and put a link on the home page. Then people can open up the document and print the page with the coupon on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Web Authoring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here