SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_ny_gw

HTML Editors.

john_ny
22 years ago

I have a commercial web site that I paid good money for, and I'm not too happy with it. It's for a nursery business, and I wanted to have at least one page that I could get into, and edit, to reflect changing availability. When I asked the person who designed the site about this, she said that I would have to go through her to make the changes. This is not practical, since there could be changes every day or two, and I am sure that others in the same situation have a better way to do it. When I asked again, she said that there really was no way I could do it, if I didn't have a web page editor. Well, I have a couple, but haven't really taken much time to learn how to work them. Now, however, since this is what I'll need, I figured I'd better start practicing.

I was using Coffee Cup HTML Editor. I don't know if they all work the same, but on this one the wizard kind of walks you through, and you can click to view the work, as you progress, after each step.

I thought I would put a heading, in big letters, across the top. That worked fine. Then I figured I'd put a picture under that, and under that, a line of text, and finally, under all, some tables, in which I could list the availabilty.

After I put the picture in, that was supposed to be below the heading, I checked the progress, and the picture was above, not below, the heading. Subsequently, the text appeared above the picture, and the tables appeared above everything. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Comments (8)

Sponsored